It’s the end of another academic year. Exam stress aside, it’s finally time to put down the revision notes, enjoy the sunshine and doll yourself up for prom night. Read on for a quick and easy makeup application tutorial that will have you looking like the belle of the ball in no time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Angled eyebrow applicator brush
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Too Faced Natural Matte eyeshadow palette
Milani Cosmetics blusher in Illuminoso
Matte bronzer of your choice
Highlighter of your choice
Rimmel lipstick in Kate
Clear lipgloss of your choice
- Start off with a clean base by cleansing and moisturising your skin, allowing the moisturiser to sink in well.
- Apply your foundation of choice and smooth over your face with a Beauty Blender.
- Apply concealer to the under eye areas, the top of your cheekbones and your cupid’s bow (that cute little indent in the middle of your upper lip).
- Prep your eyelids for your eyeshadow application by applying a primer. I’m a big fan of Urban Decay’s Primer Potion.
- Take your Too Faced Natural Matte eyeshadow palette and use your flat makeup brush to apply your eyeshadow, starting with a natural shade, such as Honey Butter as a transition colour. Apply this base colour all over your eyelids and above the crease of your eyes, almost (but not quite) to the brow bone.
- To create the effect of deep set eyes, use a darker colour, such as Chocolate Cookie, and apply it to the crease and outer ‘V’ shape of your eyes.
- Blend both colours together using your pencil brush until they fade into each other nicely.
- Apply Lace Teddy to your eyelids using the flat brush and blend all colours together well.
- For added pop, apply a silvery/pale gold colour to the inner corners of your eyes
- To create the illusion of a brow lift, apply Heaven using the angled brush directly under your brow arch.
- Back to the face, apply a matte bronzer to the highest point of your cheeks and forehead to accentuate your features.
- Apply a small amount of blusher to the apples of your cheeks. I’m all over Milani Cosmetics’ Illuminoso, which you can find a review of by clicking here.
- Highlight the top of your cheeks with a highlighter.
- Dab a small amount of lipstick on your lips. Any neutral tone will do, but Rimmel’s lipstick in Kate is a great all rounder.
- Dab some lip gloss on the centre of your lips and voila, off you go to the ball!
How did you wear your makeup to your prom night? Let us know by leaving a comment below